Not everybody is s born with the same intelligence or skills. We can improve our intelligence and skills with a little bit of hard work. Smart people are liked by all and we can become smarter by exercising our brain with creative tasks and puzzles, being open to new thoughts and continual learning, and developing people skills. With a few simple yet effective methods, we can improve our cognitive abilities to be more effectual in both personal and professional quest.
- Learn daily: By bringing in new information and experiences into life on a continual basis, we can expand our mental capabilities and thereby become smarter. We should make learning a daily task and mere learning is not enough; we have to learn to put our new knowledge to use to retain it for a long time. We ought to spend our time and energies in cultivating an interest in things going on in the world around us which facilitate us being aware of various issues making us smart enough to understand different topics in conversations and react accordingly.
- Sharpen the mind: Solving puzzles and doing creative things will sharpen the mind which helps in making it flexible to think and improve memory.
- Playing word games, solving crossword puzzles, and filling up Sudoku boxes are some of the easiest ways to sharpen the mind and becoming smarter.
- Doing mental sums or speed math will also make our brains sharp facilitating us to think better and faster.
- Creative writing helps improve our focus and processing information systematically. This is also a great tool to improve vocabulary that helps us in expressing our thoughts clearly and precisely making us smarter.
- Artistic activities like painting, dance choreography, pottery, etc. will unleash the problem-solving skills making us think outside the box and getting things done in a smarter way.
- Get all the nutrients: Being smart is related to mental health and health is always related to taking the right food. Eating the right food at the right time is the key to stay healthy and fit. Healthy people are found to be happier and smarter because their mind and body are perfectly tuned making them adept at handling any kind of situation and making it work to their advantage.
- Develop people skills: We should develop people skills and master the art of communication to make people notice us as smart. Being kind to people even in adverse situations will showcase our intelligence and maturity. We should imbibe the habit of listening carefully when people speak and react thoughtfully to others’ opinions whether we agree or disagree with their opinions. Another vital virtue of smart people that we need to inculcate is communicating our thoughts in the simplest manner possible because when people don’t understand what we speak, they will not consider us smart.
With enough determination and perseverance, any one of us can augment our mental capabilities to become smarter each and every day. There is no limit to improving our capabilities and becoming smart. It should be an ongoing process throughout our life.