There would be occasions in our life when we feel uncomfortable and emotionally drained. As humans, we all face the ups and downs of life and have to definitely face multiple challenges in the process of reaching our goals that could be either related to our personal life or professional life. However, keeping ourselves motivated is extremely essential, come whatever may. Staying motivated amidst the adverse situations is a big challenge and yet, it is considered one of the most needed qualities in a person who wishes to be called successful. So, how do we motivate ourselves when we are really down with our motivation levels? Here are some fabulous ways to boost our motivation levels and enjoy what we do.
1. Write down: The first step towards getting motivated is having a clear outlook as to what is our goal and how we want to achieve it. When we write down our short term and long term goals, we create a mental picture as to where we have to go in a certain period of time. This motivates us to start working towards the goal.
2. Start small: Once we decide on our goal and chalk out a plan, we should immediately start working on it. It’s pretty common that a big goal in front of us may be overwhelming and we do not know where to start and how to start. To combat this issue we ought to break down the efforts we need to put in on a yearly, monthly, weekly, and daily basis. This gives us a much clearer thought as to what is our goal for the present day. When we know that a single day’s work is much simpler and workable, we instantly get motivated to work towards the day’s goal.
3. Be gentle and constructive: Cursing and punishing ourselves when we fail will not do any kind of good. We should learn to love and be gentle with ourselves and believe in the fact that we are working hard and the next time the results would be positive. An important aspect of motivating ourselves is to get constructive about our failures and not repeat the mistakes committed now.
4. Motivate others: Like in all other aspects of life, give and take policy works wonders in motivation as well. Just try motivating others and see how it feels. Motivating people around us will fill the surroundings with positivity in abundance and that will reflect on our thinking and work as well. When our friends and relatives are aware of our goals and how hard we are working towards them, they will also encourage and motivate us to do better.
5. Read inspiring stories and biographies: Reading stories and biographies of successful people about their failures before seeing success will help in inspiring us when we are bogged down by failures.
6.Set alarms: To avoid getting deviated from tasks and failures, we can set alarms at periodical intervals to remind us of our next task and motivate to go forward. Whenever we are stuck with some work and are not able to concentrate, we may take a small break and come back afresh rejuvenated. To get back to work soon without slaying time we may rely on the alarm system.
To achieve success in any work, one needs to keep working towards the goal with great perseverance and dedication that have to be fuelled with unrelenting motivation. Motivation can come from outside, but we can’t wait for somebody to come on someday and motivate us. We ourselves have to motivate us. Self-motivation is the best gift we can gift ourselves.