Have you ever given a thought about taking Medical transcription as a career option? Here are the reasons why you should start thinking!
You might wonder who is a medical transcriptionist. To keep it simple, they are the one who makes doctor looks good on paper! A medical transcriptionist is the one who converts voice recorded reports as dictated by the physicians into text format. Medical transcription jobs are booming than ever right now, with huge amount of opportunities for skilled, focused and hardworking individuals.
Despite global economic downtrend, the Medical Transcription (MT) industry is looking for a further growth suggested by a report of the NASSCOM stating that recession has not hit the healthcare industry. It also states that MT industry is here to stay. India remained a preferred offshore destination primarily due to availability of manpower and industry maturity. Medical transcription companies in Mysore observe that the demand for medical transcriptionist jobs is great. There is currently a shortage of qualified medical transcriptionists – and demographic trends suggest that this situation will continue to be favorable for some time to come. Skilled and hardworking medical transcriptionists typically have no problem in getting and maintaining employment. All you need to be a successful medical transcriptionist:
- Good English comprehension skill
- Good listener
- Ability to adjust quickly to different accents and diction
- Knowledge about medical terminologies and medical procedures.
- Ability to spell medical words correctly
- An inquisitive mind
- An independent and pressure-resistant mindset
- Self motivated
- The ability to concentrate and stay focused for extended period of time.
Also Read: Boost up your productivity with smart work Wondering whether Medical Transcription career is for you or not? It is a lucrative career with lot of benefits:
- Long term career in Medical Sciences
- Opportunity to work from home- a real career that allows you to work from comfort of your home with no commute, no daycare cost and the flexibility to work from anywhere, all you need is secure internet connection.
- Flexible work schedule- as a medical transcriptionist you can choose your schedule so that you have the freedom to work when it fits your life.
- Better long term job prospects
- Zero saturation – you grow continuously throughout your career.
- Better salaries with additional perks and incentives
- International career opportunities
- Job opportunities in major cities.
- Productivity based income- There is no limit to your income. The more you work the more you can make as a medical transcriptionist.
- Future business opportunities- once you are well versed with the skill you can start your own business and be an entrepreneur.
- Structured working hours and holidays
- Work-life balance
Also Read: Medical Transcription as a Career Growth Opportunity A good MT with sufficient experience can grow to various levels, i.e., Proofer, Super Proofer, Editor, Quality Auditor, Team Managers, etc. Roles and responsibilities of a MT designation vary from company to company. Needless to say a qualified and experienced Medical Transcriptionist is always in great demand. Rise in healthcare automation services in most regions will allow the global medical transcription services market to grow faster during the forecast period. The analyst forecast global medical transcription IT spending market to grow at a CAGR of 6.48% during the period 2016-2020. Our website: www.Avontix.com