If you are over an year into work, chances are you are experiencing a productivity slow down and looking for some ways to stay ahead. Let us look at what are some workplace attitudes that can actually help you get moving ahead with vigor and enthusiasm. The following is not just a simple list, if you apply these you will see the immense shift it can cause not only in your work but also of those around you!
- Be Enthusiastic Are you thinking, “How can I be enthusiastic when enthusiasm is what I am lacking?” especially when you have been doing the same kind of work for years on end. Yes, that is exactly the reason we are asking you to stay enthusiastic. Enthusiasm is a state if mind, a way of being. Make the decision now to stay enthusiastic and look at your everyday work with energy. Tell yourself you will not drop the enthusiasm no matter what. Be an intentional and eager participant in your project and spread the energy out. Remember that you cannot step forward without energy.
- Be Efficient By effectiveness we mean performing your task with least waste of time and in the best possible manner. In that sense, strive to be as efficient as you can and stand out from the rest of your team. One can produce anticipated results when one is effective. This translates to you being capable and competent. This is one attitude, if carried at workplace, will give you a career boost in very many ways.
- Bring forth Excellence Of all the attitudes listed here, this one probable will take a little more effort on your part. And extra effort is good because it allows us to break our boundaries. Excellence essentially means going beyond good enough to being “the best”. Give your best to every task you perform and always aim to exceed the set expectations. When you give your best, over a period of time, you will naturally zoom past others.
- Be Early “Early – as an attitude? And that too for a career boost? How does that work?” – Is this what you are wondering? Yes this can be a magic wand, especially if you are working in shifts. Most of the productive time goes wasted in loitering. Test this for yourself and see: walk in a little earlier than your login time, before the rest come in; use that time to clear-up mails and pending stuff. Chalk out a to-do and take on from there… You can thank us later 😉
- Be Easy You know that no one like to work with someone who is grumpy and nags all the time. Make every little effort to be an easy person to work with. That does not mean we are asking you to compromise on everything, if you must bring up something do so with the concerned person with necessary etiquette and not brag about it. In all other situations be warm, friendly and easy to get along with. These qualities will make you a welcome employee and help a great
deal in career boost. Not just that, it actually contributes to the workplace environment. We do not really need big principles and practices to spike up work life. The above few steps are enough to get you on a roll!